Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Seven Months!!


Dax is officially seven months old today! We are so proud of some of his latest accomplishments too!!
As of tonight he actually crawled forward, twice! Until today he has only managed to crawl backwards and in circles, using a half roll/army crawl to propel himself forwards, but managing to stay on all fours for quite awhile- he loves to rock it out in this position, it's so cute!!

He has mastered maneuvering from a sitting position to a crawling position,

Can almost sit all the way up on his own,

Is able to pull himself up to a standing position from sitting while holding on to my fingers or his crib bars and can maintain a standing position so long as he has something to hold onto- such a table or walker.

He is also a very eager eater of solids and really wants to eat adult food- even though he's not quite ready, lacking teeth and all.

One of my most favorite facts about him these days is that his most favorite person is ME! His face literally lights up whenever I come home and he gets extremely upset whenever I leave, even if he is with Ryan. If I am holding him and then hand him over to Ryan or set him down so I can go do something in another room he will literally do everything in his power to maneuver himself to a position where he can see me. It makes me smile. He's always preferred me to others, but these days it has taken on more noticeable characteristics and while it may become a problem later in life, right now I am enjoying all of his love! It's such a wonderful feeling to know that my love for him is requited in a similar manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment