Saturday, November 13, 2010

Eleven..

It's the thirteenth of November today and I have only succeeded in posting twice about what I am thankful for, to make up for my slacking I will now explain eleven more things that I am thankful for:
1. Ryan.

I've known him for nearly five years now and still think every joke he makes is the funniest- whether I've heard it once or 1,000 times. He and I may not have had the most romantic, perfect relationship in the past but we have grown up together and stayed together despite our struggles. It's comforting to know that we are strong enough to make it through the worst of times to enjoy the best of times. Not to mention that he is one of the greatest fathers I've had the privilege of knowing, let alone being married to.
2. My house! Of course it is our first house and is not the biggest or nicest, but it has the charm and comfort that I sought after meticulously for years.
3. My dad.

He's the hardest working person I have ever met and has done so much to make sure that my family is well taken care of. He is also one of the proudest grandpas I've ever met. He lives for the weeks he is home to watch Dax in the mornings and pesters me for picture messages nearly everyday when he is away at work. Dax adores him too!
4. My job!
Boy, has it taught me patience! Working at "the Goose" has always been a fun experience and prepared me well for my new favorite role- being a mom. The kids there are some of the sweetest and silliest I've ever met and I always look forward to being there with them.
5. My family, in general.


I have some of the most supportive and caring grandparents ever! They have helped me out so much lately and I don't know where my little family would be without them! Not to mention my aunts and uncles who make life more interesting and my new family (the in-laws) who are some of the most compassionate people I've known. I'm also a pretty big fan of my baby brother. He can be a turd at times, but he's a good kid.
6. My physical and mental health! In no way, shape, or form am I saying I am an uber healthy person at this point in time (I still have a ways to go thanks to the beauty of pregnancy) but I could definitely be a lot worse off.
7. My friends.


Certain friendships have started to really develop for me this year and I'm so appreciative of that! I've experienced my fair share of disheartening 'friendships' in the past and am thoroughly enjoying the benefits of true friendship! It's funny that some of these people I've known for years and years but have become closer to them thanks to the major blessing in my life (Dax-he's quite the matchmaker.)
8. My education. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Although I will be graduating a semester behind what I initially had planned, I'm so fortunate to have received the education I have and can't wait to put it to use!
9. Lilly.
I know I already made a shout-out to my awesome friends, but she's a special friend. I know I can rely on her anytime for anything; she's my midnight call at a moment of desperation that arrives with chocolate delights and Diet Pepsi but still takes a minute to take a peep at my baby bear- she is a bomb "auntie."
10. My wedding. I never could have imagined a more special day in my life to celebrate the love that Ryan and I have for each other. My family went above and beyond to provide everything I wanted and made our wedding day the greatest; just another of the endless reasons why I'm so lucky to belong to them.
11. Dax.


I know, I know. I already posted about him in the other two thankful posts, but I'm extremely thankful for him. He's my all-time favorite thing and brings me happiness unlike anyone else. It's remarkable to me how much I can miss him, as I do now when he's in the next room, just because I want to hold him and snuggle him and play with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment