Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Appreciative November


Today at work I did a craft with the "school kids." I had the children write one sentence about just one thing that they were thankful for and then draw a picture to depict their sentence. For some reason a majority of the boys picked football, except for one who wrote that he was thankful for pilgrims. After finishing the assignment we all sat together and went around the circle telling the others another thing that we were thankful for and why, and it had to be something that they didn't write about.Most of their picks and reasons were pretty cute, ranging from "I'm thankful for you... Because you are a nice teacher" to "I'm thankful for my mom...because she is nice."
But my favorite "I'm thankful for" today came from little Taylor. She is in first grade this year and is the cute girl that is blunt and silly. When it was her turn she said, exactly, "I am thankful for my grandma. You wanna know why? Because she spoils me." At least she's honest.
Want to know what I'm thankful for?
Story-time with Dax and Ryan every night before we put Dax to bed. We all cuddle up on the couch together while Ryan and I alternate reading the pages to Dax.

No comments:

Post a Comment