Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Week of Firsts

Dax's 1st First of the Week: On Wednesday morning after I gave Dax his goodbye kiss and was walking to my car yelling "I love you Dax" he waved his limp little hand and shouted "La youuu!" I teared up on the spot. My baby finally said the words I have been so eager to hear, the words I utter to him at least one hundred times a day. While he says 'I love you' to me numerous times a day with a kiss, hug, cuddle, smile, or squeal of delight when he sees me after a long day away...nothing could ever compare to actually hearing him declare it. I cried the whole way to work. It was by far one of the most feel good moments I have experienced as a parent so far.
Dax's 2nd First of the Week: On Wednesday Dax tripped while running around outside of his great-grandma and Papa's house, resulting in his first skinned knee. According to the witnesses, he didn't even cry but stood up and kept on running around. That's my tough little man.
The 3rd First of the Week: Dax started coming to Mother Goose! It is only one day a week for a couple of hours, Thursday mornings, and will hopefully help him transition better once he starts coming full time on August 22nd.

The 4th First of the Week: This won't be happening until tomorrow evening, however, Ryan and I accidentally had a scheduling problem (his fault, not mine.) I have had a "girls' night" away from home planned for over a month, in which Dax was supposed to stay behind with his father, however, Ryan was unable to schedule his brother's out-of-town bachelor party until this weekend. Long story short, Dax will be having his first official sleepover this Saturday at Grandma Kathleen's. Now he has slept at other places before but always with mom and dad and he has even slept at home without mom and dad (but with Grandma Tracey instead) so it will be his first ever sleepover. I can't believe it!!!

My baby boy is growing up so fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment